How to Completely Remove BitMefender?(Step by Step Removal Guide)
What is BitMefender?
BitMefender is a fake antivirus program created by cyber criminals to defraud computer users of money. It is trying to convince you that your computer is seriously infected with dangerous viruses via showing an unreliable scan and you need to buy its license key to activate it to clean your computer. The appearance of this fake looks very professional which is similar to other well-known and legitimate antivirus programs because the virus makers attempt to make you think it is be able to do something to fix the problems on your computer. In fact, it is a fraud.
BitMefender can get into your computer system if you download “free” software from unknown download sites, open spam e-mail attachments or visit malicious websites. Once it successfully penetrates into your computer, it has the ability to modify the Windows registry as well as other important system files and then sets itself to start automatically each time the system starts up. In addition, the virus is also capable of hijacking your browser and preventing programs including antivirus from launching, which will completely screw up your computer. All of the above things are done to frighten you. Some computer users may really believe that their computer is in a very dangerous condition so that they pay to the virus makers. If you find this rogue is scanning your computer, you should not expect the results or purchase its license key, otherwise you will lose your money and your computer is still infected. We strongly recommend that you should remove it as soon as you see any sign that shows its existence on your com
puter. It prevents your antivirus from running, so manual removal is the best option. However, please be informed that manual removal is a complex process if you do not have sufficient expertise in dealing with system files and registry entries.
Video Guide: How to remove trojan virus, malware, spyware
What Are the Problems Caused by the Trojan?
* Users have to spend a long time in turning on/off the infected computer.
* The infected computer will run extremely slowly and often get stuck.
* Some system files and system settings will be changed silently.
* The antivirus program installed on your computer and system firewall will be disabled.
* Unexpected problems like Blue Screen of Death error, system freezes/crashes, and program malfunctions will occur frequently.
* Many undesirable pop-ups will appear on the computer screen constantly, which cannot be stopped easily.
* Strange icons and programs will be added to the compromised computer without any permission.
* Browsers will be hijacked and users will be redirected some unknown or even malicious sites.
* The infected computer will be controlled by cyber criminals remotely and the important data stored on the computer system will be stolen.
How to Remove BitMefender From Your PC?
BitMefender is a hazardous Trojan that will damage your computer system, violate your privacy and cause many other problems. Once it is detected on your computer, you have to remove it as soon as possible. You can follow the instructions below to get rid of this threat.
Method 2: Manually Remove BitMefender by Following the Steps Below.
METHOD 1: AUTOMATICALLY REMOVE BitMefender BY USING SPYHUNTER.
SpyHunter is a professional and powerful malware removal tool, which is able to detect and delete various kinds of threat from your computer without damage. It can deeply scan your whole system and remove all the detected threats automatically within just a few minutes. Please follow the steps below to install in on your PC and use it to remove the threat.
Step 1: Click the button below to download SpyHunter on your computer.
Step 2: Right click on the icon of SpyHunter and select “run” from the menu. Click on the run button if the system prompts a window asking whether you want to run the program or not.
Step 3: Tick I accept the license agreement and then click Next. Then SpyHunter will be installed on your computer automatically.
Step 4: Click Finish when you see the below window.
Step 5: After you finish the installation process, run the Spyhunter tool and click the “Malware Scan” button to perform a full scan of your computer to find out the threat.
Step 6: When the scan accomplishes, select all the detected malicious files and then click the Remove button on the right side to clean up all the detected threats. Reboot your computer to apply all changes.
METHOD 2: MANUALLY REMOVE BitMefender BY FOLLOWING THE STEPS BELOW.
The Trojan should be deleted from your PC as soon as detected. It can damage your computer terribly and violates your privacy if you don’t get rid of it promptly. Follow the manual removal instructions to remove it if you have certain skills of the computer. It is important to back up your computer before any file changes.
Step one: Terminate the processes of the Trojan in Windows Task Manager.
1) Right-click on the taskbar (or press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys) to open Windows Task Manager.
2) Click on the Processes tab, scroll down and find out its running processes of the Trojan, and then click on “End Process” button to terminate the selected processes.
Step two: Remove the registry entries of the Trojan from Registry Editor.
1) Press Windows + R keys and input regedit into the Run box, and then click OK to start Registry Editor.
2) When Registry Editor opens, search for and remove all the registry entries of the Trojan. Back up your registry in order to instantly restore your information if you operate mistakenly.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random
Step three: Delete show hidden files and folders of the Trojan.
1) Launch Control Panel from Start menu and click on Folder Options.
2) Under the View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and non-check Hide protected operation system files (Recommended). Then click on OK.
3) Delete all the files associated with the Trojan from your computer as follows:
Step four: Please restart your computer normally to ensure all changes take effect as soon as you finish all the steps above.
BitMefender is a dangerous Trojan infection that can compromise your computer by exploiting system security leaks. Victims of this virus may complain that system is getting slow after infected and they sometimes will experience total crashes in Windows. The virus also has an ability to modify your browser settings. It can redirect you to website you don’t want and display many pop-ups to interrupt your browsing activities. Also it aims to add additional computer threat to your computer.
Attention: You are not suggested to remove the Trojan by manual, even though experienced computer users would rather user professional removal tool to totally uninstall BitMefender, that’s because any mistakes during the processes will lead to irreparable system damage for computer. To keep PC clean and your privacy safe, you had better download SpyHunter on your computer and start it to automatically fulfill the removal.